Registration Number NC6970
Where Did It Go?
This aircraft is an American Eagle A-1 S/N 279 (ATC #17)
built in July 1928 by the American Eagle Aircraft Corp., Kansas
City, MO. It left the factory with a 90 HP Curtiss OX-5 engine,
S/N 5081. It weighed 2,041 pounds.
It sold on October 1, 1928 to Yellow Wing Commercial Air
Service, Inc. of San Francisco, CA. We see it at Tucson on
October 15, 1928 piloted by Harold J. Kelsey, Chief Pilot
for Yellow Wing. He was inbound from Lordsburg, NM enroute
to San Francisco. He stayed in Tucson overnight, departing
next morning at 6:00. This was probably the ferry flight
from the factory.
It sold March 29, 1929 to D.C. Warren Co. of San Francisco,
then on December 1, 1929 to Ray J. Johnson of Manteca, CA.
He had the wings rebuilt as of April 14, 1931. There is no further
Harold Kelsey undoubtedly left the employ of Yellow Wing
just a couple of months after he flew NC6970 to Tucson.
He shows up in the Register as a pilot for Jack
Frye and Paul
Air Lines from December 31, 1928 to March 31, 1929. He signed the
register a total of 52 additional times flying Standard's
Fokker Super Universal airliners 8011
UPLOADED: 07/09/05 REVISED: