Registration Number NC7331
Barely Two Years Of Life, Then It
Our aircraft is a Monocoupe, S/N 207 (ATC #22) built in 1928
(exact date unknown) by the Mono-Aircraft Co. of Moline, IL. It
came equipped with a 65 HP Velie M-5 engine, S/N 259. As a
two-seater, it weighed 1,350 pounds.
It sold on October 6, 1928 to Monoplane Aircraft Co. of Los Angeles,
CA who, in turn sold it to G.W.
Brophy of Phoenix, AZ on 3/20/29.
Now comes the airplane to Tucson the first time on April 6, 1929
piloted by P.M. Nold. He stayed overnight and headed north
to Phoenix the next morning at 7:00. On June 2, 1929 the airplane
is sold to Arizona Flying Service Corp of Phoenix, owned
by G.W. Brophy (probably a shift of assets to the company's
name). The airplane had accumulated 299 flight hours. The
airplane lands at Tucson the second time on August 22, 1929 piloted
by owner G.W. Brophy. He is inbound from San Diego, CA headed
for Tombstone, AZ.
Now there appears a judgment against Brophy and the airplane
sold to the California Standard Finance Corp. on September 20, 1929,
“in possession of Mr. Brophy, Van Buren Airport, Phoenix,
AZ” with Velie engine # 272. With no reply to government
questionnaires, and mail returned “unclaimed”,
the registration was cancelled on March 28, 1930.
UPLOADED: 7/24/05 UPDATED: 03/12/06